- If you're a woman considering dating a new guy, you immediately size him up: Is he Daryl-like, zombie apocalypse material?
- When buying a new purse, you take into consideration how big a knife it can hold.
- No matter how much you've missed The Walking Dead, when you stumble upon a rerun of it or watch a DVD, Lori is still a pain in the ass.
- When you're babysitting your young nieces, you hide the kitchen knives because the oldest girl looks just a liiiittle too much like Lizzie.
- It freaks you out that even though you've been a vegetarian most of your life, should you turn into a walker, you will instantly become a carnivore (who likes their meat really, really rare).
- Sure, you've packed away easy-to-carry, nutritious food in your post-apocalypse bug-out bag, but along with it, something you learned from Carl: if anything can revive you emotionally from a gore-filled, terrifying, soul-crushing zombie apocalypse, it's a giant can of chocolate pudding.
- You learned early in the first season never to eat an actual meal during The Walking Dead. Snacks, sure. But never, say, spaghetti. Spaghetti is a definite no.
- In preparation for the zombie apocalypse, you've developed a new product you're sure will make you rich: Eau de Zombie, for when you absolutely, positively must stink like a walker.
- You have a crate of Folgers Instant jars in your cache because you cannot believe that the characters in The Walking Dead are surviving without any coffee.
- It's not that you look forward to the zombie apocalypse (well, not exactly), but its resulting complete destruction of society would fulfill a fantasy you've always had: ALL the collectibles — Walking Dead, Star Trek, Star Wars (the $400 Lego Death Star!), Batman, and other amazingly wonderful fanboy crap — in all the comic book stores and hobby shops. Yours. FREE. Mwahahahaha!
_East-coaster, writer of horror, sci-fi, and other genres. I knew that creepy childhood would come in handy someday. These days, life is covered in cat fur. Contact me at: GargoylePhanNB@gmail.com
Zombie photo in header is by Randy Salgado. Check out his flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/randychico/
Also, here is the Flickr license page.